Dental crowns are fitted caps that dentists place on teeth to restore their functionality and appearance.
Restore Your Smile and Confidence
Many people need a crown to provide additional support, mend broken teeth, or mask an implant. They can repair damage from tooth decay or improve your appearance.
Crowns are a thin coating made out of metal, tooth-colored porcelain, resin or a combination of these. They often are made entirely of gold or porcelain fused to a gold substrate.
However, new technology allows Sleep Dentistry of Portland to make crowns entirely from high-strength ceramic and porcelain. The breathtaking results blend in with natural teeth to restore your smile with a superior appearance.
Are Crowns Right For You?
Most people will eventually need to have some crowns placed during their lifetime.
Crowns can accomplish many things:
- Restoring a tooth when it is unable to support a large filling
- Improve the appearance of a discolored tooth
- Fill spaces between teeth
- Straighten a crooked tooth
- Strengthen a tooth against decay
- Restore a worn, broken, or chipped tooth